A couple of observations:
- Folks in NoCal are very pushy and very self-righteous. I maybe didn't notice it so much coming from Chicago, but it is quite the culture shock coming from North Carolina.
- We were blessed with three absolutely perfect days at the Otter. This never happens. I predict 10 years of apocolyptic strife to come. :-)
- I was not impressed with the pro XC course. The beginner women had a more fun course than the pros. I was keen to race it next year -- now I'm not so sure.
- Just a few months in Pisgah has changed my riding style and preferences. I used to think the Laguna Seca course was a little challenging and sort of fun, for what it is. Not anymore!
- Folks in the bike industry are awesome. I'm so glad I've found my place among them.
- Mary Collier is a rock star. Just wait until you see Ride the Divide. It will move you to tears.
- A few years back, watching the sun set over Monterey Bay, I reflected that I "had" to go home to Chicago. As much fun as this week has been, I have to admit that I can't wait to get back to Asheville. I think I've found a home.
Safe travels to all my bike-geek Friends -- see you at Interbike!