18 June 2007

Stuff

Great weekend in St. Louis. Raised a bunch of money, big shout-out to Mesa, Maplewood and Big Shark. And of course allsevens, who are the poster children for grass-roots fundraising. Got home late Saturday, up for the group ride yesterday, still need some sleep.

This is just dumb: New Jersey Passes Bill Banning Quick Release Wheels

This would be a lot more exciting for me if it weren't that particular weekend: Chicago to Welcome Cyclings Elite Racers for the Inaugural Chicago Criterium 2008

I have other plans. And did you notice the mayor's comments about an entire series of races next July? I wonder what Otto has to say about that?

10 comments:

mountaingoat said...

Isn't government there to protect us from ourselves?

Chris said...

All I know is that I get really sick of unscrewing my QR nut every time I have to take out my front wheel. Kim's Bianchi doesn't have tabs, it's so nice!

Anonymous said...

You already have plans for 2008? Wow that is crazy planning.

Chris said...

All subject to change, of course, but yeah, I've got plans into 2008. Isn't 24-9 always the last weekend in July?

Ian said...

I remember a Chicago Crit in Grant Park in the early 90s sponsored by the Como Inn. Also recall one of the racers saying the sidewalks were smoother to ride on that the actual course and I don't think that has changed, roads around Grant Park are terrible.

velogrrl said...

I think I did that Crit in Grant Park you are referring to. I think it rained alot that day in addition to being bumpy? Bumpy is bad enough, but wet and bumpy is even worse!

chiefhiawatha said...

Laurent Fignon was in a crit in chicago in the rain in the 80s. That is not a lie.

Chris said...

I think they should bring back the Vandedrome, set it up on Northerly Island.

mountaingoat said...

I cut the safety tabs off my fork.

Chris said...

I'm all about taking the dremel to the tabs ... except I don't have a dremel. And filing would take a lifetime. So I suffer.