28 June 2007

Liquid nectar

Have you ever noticed how a drink can change your whole day? I mean, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a food guy -- the sweeter, the better. But lately I've become more aware of the impact a drink can have on my mood, on how I feel, on my very outlook of the universe.

Take, for instance, Dunkin Donuts coffee. I've been a HUGE fan of DD's blend for a long time -- especially when they load it up with cream and sugar. It's nice and smooth, a real joy to drink. Even their decaf is smooth, since I like to save the real stuff for race days.

So imagine how excited I was to discover that their iced coffee comes in decaf, AND is the "same" -- all of a sudden, I've got a new favorite drink! I love iced coffee, but most places only serve decaf Americanos over ice -- it's too expensive and wasteful to put together ground decaf for cold drinks. The real stuff, yes, but now I can get it unleaded! Woo-hoo!

If you haven't had a chance, give DD a try ... it's not the "gourmet" stuff you'll find at Starbucks or Peet's, but it has a nice flavor and can change your whole day for the better!

5 comments:

fasterjim said...

And why would you want decaf??? ;)

Chris said...

You know, I get this question a lot. I have two answers: 1) I really like the taste of coffee+cream+sugar. Or a good mocha. I'll do black if I have to, but I have a sweet tooth. and 2) caffeine is an ergogenic aid to me. It takes me WAY up, and brings me WAY down the next morning. So I use it for race days, but I don't want to get into the habit of making it a daily fix.

Chris said...

Oh, and when I have caffeine, I talk. A lot. So no one around me wants me to have any either!

joeyTWOwheels said...

They sweetner that DD uses is just weird. It's liquid, right?

Iced Americano daily. Mmmmmmmmm. Never from Starbucks, usually from home. But I love the local coffee shops.

I like your race-day approach to caffeine. I bet you feel it more.

Chris said...

I don't know what artificial stuff DD uses -- I ask for sugar by name, and then watch as they turn the sugar box upside down as the cascading stream of crystals form a small mountain at the bottom of the cup ...