22 May 2007

Maneater

Thank god I'm not the only one still feeling it from Sunday. My legs feel OK, just pretty battered and bruised, but I haven't had whiplash like this since I was a Cat. 3, smacking my head against the pavement on The Hill in St. Louis. My neck almost siezed up on the easy ride in to work today ...

And just to prove that it wasn't only the mud that made this course tough, check out the X-rays from her husband ... from Saturday's pre-ride! That's just one of many pre-race "mishaps" I heard about or saw photos of ... yes, it was that nutty out there, made worse by the mud!

We'll see how I feel tomorrow and Thursday, and what the weather looks like -- I'm still holding out hope for my first 3-hour race in Kewaskum this Saturday. My eyes are on the marathon the following week, so we'll see how I feel. I've been reading a lot about the course at GEARS, though, and it sounds like Brittany has put in a ton of work ...

Photos are making their way around, check it out, thanks Rusty!

If there's one thing this job has given me this year, it's the courage to ride the rocks thanks to my time in Virginia ...

Except, of course, when it's pissing down rain and I can't see for all the mud in my eyes! Big thanks to Dead runner Ian for catching my glasses, and getting them to a MARStian on the side of the trail ...

I rode the garden four out of the five times, which I'll consider a HUGE improvement over what I would have done a couple of months ago. At least I didn't end up like him!

1 comment:

James said...

I am glad your stint in VA did good things for your riding. You are welcome back anytime.