14 May 2007

In between

Awesome weekend -- Mother's Day is the one weekend a year that, come hell or high water or shouting DSs, I do not race. My b-day was Saturday, so it was serious family time all around ... plus some pretty sweet rides.

So I skipped the Monsters of the Midway Midwest Criterium Championships once again. And I missed out on Muskego. Instead, I did an awesome group ride down at Palos with a bunch of SRAM folk (the trails are in great shape, except where they're working on them), and another MTB ride on Sunday. In between, we spent Saturday afternoon with Kari and Kaylie (Kari and I both got our hair cut, and Kaylie and I fell asleep watching The Muppet Show DVDs), Kim treated me to dinner on Saturday night at Jackie's Bistro in Evanston, and Sunday morning we had brunch with my family. Sunday night was fun, with a turkey brat and grilled veggie cookout at Kim's aunt's house.

B-day was good, new shoes and some other stuff from my parents to replace the ones I'm killing every time I ride and a new "racing" Camelbak from Tim and Les that's lighter than the all-purpose one I've been sporting. Kim travels this weekend, so it'll be my first race without feeds ... gotta' be ready! OH! And Kim's mom came through again in the clutch with another great gift -- a campfire percolator coffee maker. It'll go great with our new camp stove we got at Christmas, perfect for those early morning WORS days!

5 comments:

velogrrl said...

Happy Birthday!

mountaingoat said...

Happy birthday.

andrew said...

McNally let you skip races? I thought he ruled with an iron fist!?

chiefhiawatha said...

chris strout who?

Radio Freddy said...

Happy birthday CS.