15 March 2007

Damn ides

I don't expect any assasination attempts today, but man -- this ides of March has really gotten off to a rough start.

First, I shear off a nipple ... no, I wasn't trying to shave my chest or anything -- I was trying to true my wheel for camp this weekend. Turns out, the nipples are pretty well corroded to the rim, and as I tried to twist one, it completely shattered. Crap.

Then, I have a fight with my new haircut, and spend way too long in front of the mirror trying to fix it. I hate my hair -- always have -- and the current incarnation isn't much better than the do-nothing look I had when I was 11 years old. Only this time, it's in vogue and I paid for it.

I really hope bad things only happen in threes, because when I got to work the elevator was still broken. My legs are a bit stuffed from so much riding lately, so crawling up to the 4th floor was a bit of a chore. (Remember, industrial 4th floor, not residential -- VERY tall floors.) My luck seemed to change, though, once I got upstairs -- the door was already opened, so I didn't need to dig out my keys!

OK, I'm done. Time to get this day going.

6 comments:

MadCross said...

I know what you're saying about the stairs. My office is on the 9th floor and when I started I told my assistant he had to take the stairs if he didn't bike to work. Of course that made me feel obligated to take the stairs even though I do bike to work but I felt I should set a good example. Luckily the stairway is closer to the bike racks than the elevator so I tough it out but somedays I walk up pretty slowly.

Steve Driscoll said...

I know what you mean about the stairs. Broken leg, crutches & then a cane can be pretty brutal.

Chris said...

All right, all right. I can take a hint -- I'll stop bitching!

Steve Driscoll said...

Chris, Still Diggin You Man! Have fun at camp this weekend, and hopefully compete against you in 2008! Remember, Kim still has a place to crash for race weekends, oh, and you too : )

Chris said...

Damn, man -- I'm trying NOT to crash on the weekends! ;-)

Steve Driscoll said...

Gotcha! I mean stay in a comfortable home, with a nice bed, doggies & a hot shower! Have a nice time. Did some riding myself today, check out my recent entry.