13 February 2007

Damage

In case you haven't seen the comments section or the CAMBr message board, I was incorrect about the damage at Out & Back and Gravity Cavity/One-Day Trail: the FPD went in there with tree choppers to put in bridges over the creeks. These trail "improvements" have been in the works for a long time, it's just taken them until now to get going on them. The bridges will enable emergency workers to access the trails, and will keep us in singletrack nirvana ...

I'm still not sure about the devastation I saw over at Dan McMahon Woods. I've never been on the trails over there, so I may be incorrect, but holy crap did it look horrible. According to the CAMBr map, that area is "Phase 8" of development, so maybe it's not as bad as it seemed ...

Speaking of destruction, check out the Bartlett Lake TT results and story: How much would it suck to be Drew Miller? Well, maybe not -- it would be pretty cool to have some heavy hitters to compare against.

Big shout out to my next-door neighbor at work, who discovered my blog yesterday. Now I'm totally self-conscious. At least for today.

ONLY 304 DAYS TO KC!!

2 comments:

joeyTWOwheels said...

That's like Lance showing up for a CX race down here (which he's done in the past). I like the new Disco kits with the world on them. And that article gave me fond memories of riding up Mt Lemmon with xXx teammates. I love that mountain. It's weird to be in desert, surrounded by cacti, then find yourself around snow and aspen at the top.

Suyko said...

Hey,
Nothing to do with post but I watched the Grammys and noticed you look just like
Quentin Terentino...not a bad thing.
So get out there and make a cool bike movie dude....

Suyko