31 January 2007

If only I were younger ...

Wow, this whole NetFlix thing is pretty cool. Kim and I are getting caught up on all the movies we've missed in the past 8 years or so, ever since cycling sort of took over ... not that we didn't see anything, but we missed so much, only catching a few films on video here and there ...

Now we're serializing the movies, watching half or a third at a sitting and finishing it the next night. It's pretty fun, have seen some good films and some not-so-good ones so far.

I've also decided this would have been really fun about 15 years ago: set up the "Q", wait for the mail, then get totally baked and watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind followed immediately by Memento. Then, just because you can't figure out while sober, watch Punch-Drunk Love. Maybe it's better while intoxicated. Finally, you have to top it off with Little Miss Sunshine and Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. That would be an awesome evening.

ONLY 318 DAYS TO KC!!

1 comment:

velogrrl said...

I feel like I've missed years and years of movies too, cuz of cycling. Which is ok, but sometimes I feel like a movie illiterate when people are talking movies. Maybe I'll try your serializing idea, though knowing me, I'll just stay up late and finish the movie!