25 January 2007

Bike parking

Very slow ride to work this morning -- brought the MTB and am running my "training wheels," which on the streets of Chicago means I'm going about 3 miles an hour. It's funny -- it was super cold, colder than I like to ride (20 is usually my limit), but I was sweating trying to get that thing going!

It's worth it -- right now it's parked on the test track just over the wall from my desk, and I'm having fun seeing people look at it as they walk by! I'm going to spend some time at lunch working on it (how cool is that?!) and need to be sure to get some WBR stickers on it somewhere ...

Looks like Palos will be ridable again this weekend. I think I'm going both days -- you have to grab these while you can, and chemical warmers do wonders! We're trying to get another group on Sunday, 8 a.m. Bullfrog ...

ONLY 324 DAYS TO NATZ!!

3 comments:

Joe said...

Say, how would a guy down south in Austin get a hold of some WBR stickers?

Man, I wish our trails would freeze. Just soppy mud everywhere. At least everyone is really cool about staying off of them in these conditions. We're at the 5th highest rainfall for January. Ugh.

Chris said...

You gotta' come to Chicago for the Super Bowl parties, that's how! Just kidding. Drop me a line at cstrout [at] worldbicyclerelief.org with your address. How many bikes you got?

Joe said...

I just sold my commuter, so I'm down to 3.5 (the point five is half a vintage Columbia tandem).