31 December 2006

Regression analysis

So thanks to Jim, I spent all day Friday -- my last day of "freedom" -- cruising iTunes and listening to NOFX, Black Flag, and other influential bands from the past ... now we've got Q101's "Retro Brunch" going on as we do our house cleaning ... the one Sunday of the year I'm not riding my bike and we have no plans ...

That NIN sticker on that minivan seems all too real now -- we had to go mall shopping yesterday (don't ask), and the Golf Mill mall in Niles has a retro/punk shop. In a mall! The combat boots in the window caught my eye, but what really drew me in was the vintage Def Leppard Pyromania shirt (seriously!), followed by more silver chains than I could count, other vintage (and not-so-vintage) concert shirts, and more or less a capitalist shrine to Che next to a rack full of those puffy jackets with the zipper pockets on the sleeves ... it was all so surreal as I stepped back out and looked across the mall to Lane Bryant ...

Check it out: JP podiums in Belgium!

And how's this for a sugar daddy?

ONLY 349 DAYS TO NATZ!!

3 comments:

GoFasterJim said...

Chris, glad I could help. If you lived in Chicago around that time... don't forget about Naked Raygun.

Chris said...

Man, NR was very high on the list -- remember, I went to high school with the Smoking Popes, and a precursor to them was IMF (Impossible Mission Force) ... I was friends with the IMF basist. Their major claim to fame was opening for NR at the Metro once ... Remember Macgregors? Wow, feeling old ...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Added a new value add to my blog this weekend - a news widget from www.widgetmate.com. I always wanted to show latest news for my keywords in my sidebar. It was very easy with this widget. Just a small copy paste and it was done. Great indeed.