13 October 2006

A new standard

Ever since I read this quote in Mastering Mountain Bike Skills, I considered it the gold standard for how hard to push yourself. Heck, I almost made it there this weekend.

"At the Sea Otter dirt criterium, Matt Gerken climbed so hard that he passed out on the descent. Dude, I want that gene that makes me go so hard that I don't care."

– Mark Weir

That was, until I read this. Craig Gordon, congratulations. As Pre once said, "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Chris Eatough now knows what that means.

I can't wait to see the movie.

2 comments:

Andy A. said...

Along those lines....One of my favorite cycling DVD's, "Pro" includes John Lieswyn explaining "What it REALLY means to go hard", specifically referring to a climbing effort on Manayunk during the US Pro Cx.

Things like this are what make competitive sports some of the best things in life.

Anonymous said...

you call that going hard????

you guys better cowboy up!

Ted