06 September 2006

Second verse, same as the first

So there I am, tooling along Walters Avenue again on my way to work. This time, so there was no doubt, I was firmly on the right side of the lane, to the left of the white line separating the on-street parking. I was following every traffic law, minding my own business, fantasizing about maybe seeing the white Caddy again and dropping a "Rules of the Road" pamphlet into his sunroof ...

In almost the exact same spot, all of a sudden I'm getting honked at! This time, it was a blue minivan, and as he passed me the passenger gesticulated at me through his window. I just let them go, ignoring them, and continued on at the same pace -- but they got caught by the light, just like the Caddy last week!

As I rolled up, the passenger had his window down, a big, beefy arm sticking out. I went past on the right, going straight as they were turning, and the guy starts yelling at me! Thanks to my very full sinuses, I couldn't hear a word he said, so I just shouted back "Learn the rules of the road!" and kept going. Of course, just like last week, a Northbrook cop saw the whole thing and just ignored it ...

It's almost enough to make you only want to ride trails!

ONLY 102 DAYS TO NATZ!!

3 comments:

Steve Driscoll said...

Chris,

I understand your frustration, but remember that you vs. a 3000lb vehicle, you will lose every time! I like to dial 911 and report a drunk/erratic/crazy driver cutting people off, maybe they are having a seizure? THEN they will get pulled over, and ride on by!

Anonymous said...

I think you should kik some ass next time and then leave.

Kim said...

Next time (God forbid) get the police car # and report them for not helping you. Isn't their job to serve and PROTECT?