20 July 2006

This week

Sorry for the lack of updates -- new person started at work, so I finally have a full staff, and I've been trying to train her in between ducking downstairs to watch the last 15-20min of Tour coverage each day on our flat-screen-equipped treadmills. Have I mentioned how happy I am that my company has a fitness center?

On a serious note, I will not be racing any more of Superweek. I had planned to head out to Whitefish Bay this Sunday, but got an e-mail from a former coworker of mine that our former boss has died after a 2-year battle with cancer. I had a pretty stormy relationship with her that ended on a rough note, but an unexpected death at a relatively young age (I'm guessing she's about the same age as my dad) has a way of putting everything into perspective. The memorial service is Sunday, and I feel compelled to go.

I was also saddened to hear of the death of a cat. 4/5 racer up at Holy Hill this week. I've only done that race once, and it's a tough one; once you're off the back, it's pretty lonely and I can see how parts of it can be dangerous. Still, that's no excuse -- this is the first-ever fatality at Superweek, and I hope that it's the only one.

Be careful out there -- "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»