27 July 2006

Bad juju

Man, there is some bad juju going around. Something is really not right. I'm really glad I'm not racing this weekend -- last time it was this strong and I raced, I ended up with a broken neck.

Speaking of bad juju: Phonak confirms Landis positive. Hell, even the guy next to me at work has already heard the news. All I can hope is that the T/E ratio is off because of dehydration -- remember, Stage 17 was super-hot, crossing several cols. Either way, though, this is the absolute worst possible news for the sport. Bookend the biggest race in the world with doping suspensions? Crap.

What a pain in the ass: Papp operated on in Italy (scroll down to the last story). Can you imagine extracting 300cc of marmalade from your left butt cheek? Ouch! Best of luck to Joe, and to his wife Yuliet -- they've made the best of a bad situation, and if she can get out of Cuba permanently, life will be good.

Good news from the CCC: Thanks to Chris Henning, a fellow 'crosser from Northbrook, we get word from the Chicago Cyclocross Cup folks: "The Chicago Cyclocross Cup should be publishing a tentative schedule for the 2006 season posted on the website within the next month or so. Thanks for checking in with us - check back soon!"

More work in the Lagoons: Construction shouldn't have an affect on us, as we ride up near Dundee Road, but any improvement to the dam system at the Lagoons will be great. Drainage up there is nasty-bad, with some parts of the shore submerged for months at a time!
ONLY 143 DAYS TO NATZ!!

5 comments:

Andy A. said...

Awesome news about the CCC!! This series is a tremendous opportunity to experience different areas of Chicagoland during a great time of year!!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»