16 June 2006

Auf Wiedersehen!

This is a couple of hours early, but ... We're outta here! I won't have much Internet access for the next 2 weeks, if any at all, so don't expect too many updates. Besides, this is supposed to be time for Kim and I to spend together ... not sure how fondly she'd look upon me taking time to blog!

Since the world doesn't really revolve around me (despite what I may say sometimes), there are a few things I want to point out while we're gone ...

Happy birthday to: 'Cross god Sven Nys (tomorrow, June 17), great teammate and friend Steve Driscoll (June 23), and my sister-in-law Kelli (June 29).

A BIG CONGRATS to: Mom & Dad Kopsell, who will be celebrating 37 years of marriage on June 29. (How was that for an anniversary present a few years ago?)

And finally ... Happy Quit Day to me! Sunday, June 18, marks the day I quit smoking, 8 years ago. I locked myself in our apartment for 3 days with tapes from the France World Cup -- I figured watching all those amazing sportsmen would be huge motivation not to smoke. And I was right! Woo-hoo!

I'll leave you with this beautiful image of the Brandenburg Gate ... Deutschland here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the happy b-day message, and an EVEN BIGGER THANKS for saying it was "a few years ago"
K