31 May 2006

What's next?

Thanks to Chief Hiawatha for confirming my self-assessment. I really think I should start listening to my iPod when I ride, so I stop doing all this crazy introspection. Which is more dangerous -- music in your ear, or dimestore self-psychology?

I seem to have contracted a bit of a cold this weekend -- I thought it was just allergies, but now I'm not so sure. I get really moody just before I get sick, and Monday definitely qualifies, plus I seem to be pretty congested and it's trying to get into my chest ... I skipped my weightlifting workout just in case, but I did ride this morning. The back is still tight, but not any worse for wear. Fingers crossed!

If you had asked me 48 hours ago what was next for me, I would have told you I was ready to pack it in and wait for September. I have a 2-week enforced break coming up, so it wouldn't have been hard to bag the TT I'm signed up for and just ignore the Wisconsin State RR.

A funny thing happened yesterday afternoon, though. I read the flyer for the road race, and its description of "65 miles with hellacious climbs" made me smile. That's when I knew I'm still ready to race my bike.

... still just 200 days to go ...

4 comments:

MadCross said...

When you hear those voices in your head just think of a really, really bad song and sing it to yourself (no ipod required).

Soon you won't hear the voices anymore and instead you'll go crazy from singing --
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got
We're half way there
Livin' on a prayer

Chris said...

Bad song? Wha? Livin' on a Prayer? No way! Yes, we have tix to the Soldier Field show ...

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»