23 May 2006

Movin' on up

This was me a week ago:


This is me now:


Why the change? I got an office!

I've been with my company for 2 years, and during that time we've built an addition onto our building. That addition included some more space, which meant I was in line to get an office ... with a staff of three, I'll no longer have to give performance reviews in the hallway! Woo-hoo!

I'm trying to not let it go to my head, but I can see how offices are such ego trips. There is power in being able to close your door to yell at someone ... just because you can ...

Sunday's racing went well. The Masters 1/2/3 race was fast -- 44kph average -- and Clarke spent a good deal of time off the front collecting primes before being reeled back in. Once he was, I launched for 3-4 laps, also grabbing some cash, until I too was sucked back in and spent the rest of the race sitting in. Mark McGeen took 4th, so a good day for Team Mack!

The Pro/1/2/3 field was huge, with 99 riders -- and it was Superweek fast. 44.4kph average, and with that many guys it was a slugfest. No crashes, which was surprising, and I went off the front very early before settling in about 30th and working on cornering and pack skills. I love Wheels on Willy, but I'm not going to go balls-out the week before Memorial Day just to move up five places. Eventually my legs decided they didn't want to work any longer, and with 3 to go I hid out and rolled it in.

On tap this week is rest, rest, rest! Easy day yesterday helping a coworker pick out a bike from The Pony Shop, then today I'll hit the Pizza Hut ride at sort-of race effort. Tomorrow easy, Thursday race prep ... and then it's go time! I'm actually looking forward to Snake this week ...

ONLY 208 DAYS TO NATZ!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL at both pictures!

LOVE The Office.