17 May 2006

Crazy week

This has been one of the crazier weeks on the books ...
  • Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes. The b-day was great, my aunt was in town from California and it's always fun to see her. Plus we got to visit Kim's family and mine for Mother's Day, so we got to run around with Kaylie (she INSISTED on going for a bike ride in the rain!) and see CJ crawl (he's been monkey-scooting). And I got great leftovers from my birthday dinner at Buca di Peppo's.
  • This week has been crazy at work, with the business wanting one thing and my boss wanting another. For a great indication of how I feel, check out Renee's blog ... at least I don't have to track the use of staples and pens. Oh! And I finally get an office tomorrow!
  • Tristan Schouten has been off-and-on blogging about how "ghetto" it is in Racine these days. As bad as it might be, I think we of the ChiCrossCup can one-up him in a big way: Our state championship cyclo-cross course has people living on it! Not near it, but on it! I went down to Montrose last night, and there's a small tent city on my favorite part of the course. They've got chairs set up and everything -- I sort of felt strange riding through someone's living room.
  • Kim's in Vegas for work until tonight. I wish I could say I've been living the bachelor life, but it's been kind of sad -- last night I rode, came home, ate, went to bed about 9:30, only to get up at 4:30 this morning so I could fit in my ride before the storms blow in this afternoon. In the meantime, I've done laundry, emptied the dishwasher and taken out the trash. My mom would be shocked and awed at how domestic I've been.
  • Tomorrow's the big day ... at 2:10 p.m., Kim and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage. Dang. Hard to believe -- but very glad to have made it!

ONLY 214 DAYS TO NATZ!!

1 comment:

Stina 1 + twins said...

Umm...hello?!?! Come empty my dishwasher and do my laundry, too!! ;-D